This OnDemand webinar is intended for those new to telehealth who have an interest in incorporating this new method, those who have started implementing telehealth but are seeking direction and new skills, and those who are still waiting for things to go back to “normal” with groups. This presentation is also great for supervisors who have facilitators expanding services into telehealth. With your help, we can increase these services for our clients in Idaho. Learn more and register below!
Event Description: Many counselors have been thrust into a new world of meeting virtually with clients and groups. While this option opens up new and exciting possibilities, some facilitators have been hesitant to explore this new mode of facilitation. Others have started but are facing struggles in the management of groups via telehealth. This one-hour live webinar will help counselors see the benefits to both counselor and clients by providing services via telehealth-based groups by expanding your understanding, comfort zone, and interest in offering telehealth-based SUD groups. This presentation will help you:
- Identify the benefits of telehealth groups for participants and facilitators
- Define “disinhibition” and understand what you need to be aware of and how to use it to your advantage
- Understand the basics of setting yourself up for telehealth success
- Incorporate basic telehealth group rules
- Identify the appropriate measures to have in place to ensure a secure, confidential, and protected space for clients
- Understand the ways Zoom can be used for telehealth
- Discuss next steps and points of consideration including informed consent, safety plans, equipment needed, and more!
CEU Hours: 1.0 CEU hours approved by IBADCC
Registration Fee: $10 for members/$20 for non-members